Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lawrence Fisher - Kill Me Now! - Author Interview

Author Interview

My book is based on someone who I happen to like. Me! That may sound obnoxious but I have found that for others to like you, you need to like yourself first. There is of course a point where that can turn around and bite you in the butt particularly when you think you are better than everyone else. Then you are either arrogant or a politician.

1. What is the main idea of the plot?
The plot is a dairy, a year in the life, we can say. It is about my own dating attempts to try and find someone to settle down with and to start a family. Talk about human rights, that is a basic human right. Maybe I should complain to UN HRO (Human Rights Organization).

During the course of the year, I dated many women, young and "old", thin and big-boned, short and tall, highly intelligent and intellectually impaired, near and far (well up to 10000 miles), normal and the weird and the totally weird.

2. Why did the plot develop the way it did?
Sitting in a date with one lady, for want of a better word and if you read my book, you will understand why I use the word lady loosely, I felt I just needed to get away. After my bad experiences with the opposite sex, I had given up on dating and my friends had given up on me.

Wedding invitations no longer included "Lawrence and partner" but just Lawrence. The hosts were all happy, they could seat me at a table where a couple brought their five year old kid. So after a bad incident last year, I had to shake myself off and start again. My friends knew that I had been hurt, shall we saw burnt at the stake (not steak) and wanted to know how the date went. I told them all about it and they packed out laughing. With me. The next date was similar. Instead of telling each one, I started a blog. This could almost be a Bee Gee song: "I started a Blog which started the whole world laughing".

Once I had a lot of material the blog itself yelled out to be a book. "Kill Me Now!" was born.


Book Summary:

Kill Me Now! is about Lawrence, a man in his late 40's dodging bullets deep in the dating battlefield while searching for THE ONE, someone who he will allow to make his life miserable.

In Kill Me Now! Lawrence tries to decode the signals of his enigmatic opponent, often resulting in his hasty retreat. Why is she resting her head on her hand? Is she bored? Or is she interested? He finds himself in many humorous situations where he has no idea what he is doing and no idea how to maneuver through the skirmish.

Trapped in the epicenter of the courting conflict, the motivating thought that sustains him is his strong belief that that somewhere out there, she awaits.

Join Lawrence as he painfully stumbles through the mating minefield in search for his SOULMATE while silently wishing that he was elsewhere.

Paperback: 168 pages

Publisher: iUniverse.com (October 17, 2011)

ISBN-10: 1462059511

Genre: Humor

Purchase from Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Now-Maneuvers-Frontline-Battlefield/dp/1462059511/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323186706&sr=1-1

There are other places such as http://killmenow.org/buy-the-book/


Author Bio:

Hello, my name is Lawrence and I am an author. Is this a meeting for Author’s Anonymous? My AA meeting?
I could tell you how old I am, but I would have to kill you now. Kidding of course as my book is aptly called “Kill Me Now!”

I live in the greatest country in the world, the Holy Land, Israel. I have lived here for over three decades, spending at least a decade in the armed forces. I was not born in Israel. I was born in Rhodesia, now known as Zimbabwe. But that was last century.
My military experience was great but why bore everyone with details. The army did see potential in me and sent me to study computer programming. I spent many decades programming computers to do what others wanted, not what I wanted. All I wanted was for the computer to make coffee for me. Now I spend my time looking for the one lady who I will allow to make my life a misery. Are you out there? Or is it like Fox Mulden that you are eluding me?

Facebook: http://facebook.com/KMNow

Website: http://killmenow.org

Trailer: http://killmenow.org/trailer

Blog: http://killmenow.org/blog, http://weirdisraeldates.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @lbigfoot

3 comments:

  1. Great interview for a hilarious book and crazed author! Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lawrence for personally stopping by and Ashley thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete